**During COVID-19, PCLC is happy to discuss opportunities with you by phone or video conference. We are offering new tutor training online and matches will meet live online for the remainder of 2020. Contact us to learn more.**
Volunteer with the PCLC to tutor an adult in our community, or you may have another skill to share to help us do our work behind the scenes. Learn more about our current volunteer opportunities at this link.
Benefits of Tutoring
Tutoring is a rewarding experience. Our learners choose to come to us for services and are motivated to learn. With your support, they can build their skills and achieve their goals!
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Meet new people
- Strengthen your community
- Build your skills and resume
- Experience the world without leaving town
- Adults age 18 and over
- The ability to read, write, and speak English at an advanced level
- Completion of new tutor training and activities
- Ability to volunteer for 2-4 hour/week for at least 6 months and preferably one year
- Flexible, dependable, and patient teaching style
- Respect for adult learners and people with diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
If you would like to become a tutor, please review the Tutoring Brochure and Tutor Description. Contact the PCLC anytime to receive an introductory orientation to tutoring and complete a Tutor Application.
New Tutor Training
Please contact PCLC to complete an orientation and start completing training activities at your own pace. Then attend the group portions of the tutor training on the set dates. Our new tutor trainings are held 2-3 times/year. Note: The next tutor training starts soon so contact us today!